Plan Your Thanksgiving Holidays in Fredericksburg, TX
Pack your bags and get ready for a fall trip to Fredericksburg, Texas, home of the best wines in the state! Whether you are looking for a relaxing getaway or an experience with nature, this small unique town is just the perfect place for it. Hike through breathtaking fall sceneries, indulge in local fall favorites, or simply enjoy your cozy Airbnbs while sipping a warm cup of spiced latte.
Come visit us this Thanksgiving and enjoy these exciting activities coming up for y’all!
1. Get into the Weihnachtszeit spirit or the Christmas spirit. Starting November 12 and running through January 6, see Fredericksburg turn into a magical place for the holidays. Experience a 10-minute audio presentation featuring the story of the town’s German heritage, listen to holiday carols, and witness the countdown to the lighting of Marktplatz.
2. Cross off your shopping list and start your holiday shopping at Fredericksburg Trade Days Holiday Encore from November 25-27, every day. Browse over 350 vendors in seven barns. Shop antiques, collectibles, tools, crafts, primitives, furniture, unique clothing, jewelry, food, and more! Get them wrapping ready to put under your Christmas trees. See the full schedule here.
3. Ready your dancing shoes and skills and attend the Thanksgiving Ball at Luckenbach. You will definitely enjoy this event with the keeper of the true country music flame, Dale Watson! Secure your tickets today!
4. The Peddler Show is another unique shopping experience you’d want to do. Since 1977 it has been offering its loyal shoppers an enjoyable and unique shopping experience. Buy local organic soaps/lotions, clothing, jewelry, furniture, home decor, and look for the perfect gift for the holiday season. The event runs from November 25-27, 2022. More info here.
5. If ice skating is your thing, we have them for y’all too at Eisbahn. From November 19-January 1, 2023, this holiday tradition on real ice is to raise funds for the Heritage School and Cystic Fibrosis. So come have a spin or two with your friends or family and help other children too! Ticket: $15 per day come-and-go pass includes skate rental.
6. Get creative and help the Sauer Beckmann Farm get ready for the holidays. Recurring on the 4th Saturday of November, join their “Deck the Halls” event and learn how to make wreaths out of local cedar and dip your own candles to get ready for Weihnachten.
7. Burn off that Thanksgiving turkey and join the one-mile Fun Run/Walk and 5K or 10K Run/Walk benefiting the MOM Center. The vent starts at 9:30 am and don’t forget to pre-register online.
8. Love the outdoors? Hiking the Enchanted Rock is a must-do too and it can book up pretty fast during the holiday week. Have an enjoyable adventure in these cooler temperatures and see the beautiful fall scenery during your hike. Now is the perfect time to make an advanced reservation!
Come visit us this holiday season! Please share your holiday adventures with us too on Instagram and Facebook and mention @StayintheHeartofTexas.
Planning a trip to the Hill country? Book one of our properties to stay in: www.stayintx.com
This article is accurate as of the time of publishing. We always recommend calling every individual business to ensure their hours of operation remain accurate.