Fredericksburg Log Cabin Travel Insurance
We do not offer rescheduled stays or refunds on cancellations outside of Airbnb's extenuating circumstances policy. We strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance at the time of booking if you are concerned about the possibility of canceling your trip last minute. Travel insurance is inexpensive and a great way to protect your funds in the event of an unforeseeable cancellation. We understand that last-minute cancellations for guests who choose to not purchase travel insurance can be a burden, however, we are required to uphold our owners' cancellation policies in order to protect their only sources of income and keep their properties in the business. Please book responsibly and we appreciate your understanding.
Types of Travel Insurance
In general, there are 2 types of travel insurance: Standard travel insurance and the upgraded Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) travel insurance.
- Standard travel insurance often only covers approved trip cancellation reasons, depending on the policy you purchase.
- Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) insurance allows for most, if not all, reasons for trip cancellation. This is the most flexible and expensive policy type to purchase.
What benefits does travel insurance cover?
But what benefits does travel insurance cover? Well, it depends on which policy you end up purchasing! When you shop for a policy, be sure to ask your insurance agent which key benefits you should consider insuring for. Key benefits may include, are not limited to, the following:
- Trip Cancellation benefits can help refund you for trip costs if you cancel your trip due to a covered unforeseen reason, like a sickness, injury, or airline grounding due to bad weather in your destination.
- Trip Interruption benefits can help refund you for trip costs if you have to cut your vacation short and return home due to a covered reason, like a recent family death or medical emergency.
- Baggage Damage or Loss benefits can provide reimbursement for damaged, lost, or stolen luggage during your trip.
- Medical Evacuation & Repatriation of Remains benefits can cover the cost of transporting you to the nearest medical center necessary for your medical treatments. It can also cover the cost of transporting your body home in the unfortunate event that you pass away during your vacation.
- Emergency Accident and Sickness Medical Expense benefits can cover you for unexpected medical expenses for covered injuries or illnesses during your trip.
Where Can I Buy Travel Insurance?
To make things easier for you, we’ve put together a shortlist of travel insurance resources to get you started:
- Our Booking System offers standard and CFAR travel insurance. Check it out here: Travel Insurance form for Booking. With this program, you have up to 30 days PRIOR TO ARRIVAL to purchase the standard policy and 14 days of INITIAL BOOKING to purchase the CFAR policy.
Travel insurance is a low-cost way to help protect you from any trip losses should you need to change your plans. Without it, you would be at risk of losing your entire rental fees with Fredericksburg Log Cabin if you cancel outside of your reservation’s cancellation period.